Fiona Hutton & Associates is looking for a highly-driven, innovative Account Coordinator to join our Los Angeles-based agency. This position provides a unique opportunity to create winning public relations and public affairs programs for blue chip clients, lead a passionate team of professionals and help grow one of California’s leading integrated communications firms. Communications leaders thrive at FHA – there’s no dead end here.
This role is ideal for someone seeking a collaborative, fast-paced environment, fueled by a team of entrepreneurial-minded individuals. You will be on the frontline of high-profile issues, tackling new challenges and developing award-winning creative content, with an unparalleled opportunity to take your career to the next level.
Who is FHA?
Recognized as one of the nation’s top independent communications and public affairs firms, FHA specializes in advocacy, crisis management, digital communications, media relations and stakeholder engagement. FHA consistently earns high marks in annual national rankings of public relations agencies, including 6th for U.S. public affairs firms by PR Week.
When faced with complex issues, leading organizations turn to FHA for help. Our team of communications experts parachutes in with messaging, earned media and coalition building expertise. We’re problem-solvers – we truthsquad, educate, motivate and activate audiences to advance projects, manage crises, achieve policy objectives and impact change. No firm compares to FHA when it comes to breaking down complicated issues to simple, but effective, messages that can be shared across multiple platforms to influence key stakeholders.
Our driving philosophy is to promote strong ideas and strategies, be relentless in our implementation, drive for the highest quality product and ultimately win for our clients. Our culture embraces passion and competition – attributes we look for when growing our team.
- Support the development of social channel (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube) engagement strategies and online community management
- Provide superior client service including preparing press releases, media pitching, producing monitoring reports, attending client meetings and participating in conference calls
- Prepare social media reports using online monitoring tools (Radian6, Hootsuite)
- Write, edit and proofread materials (press releases, strategy memos, presentations)
- Understand and grow awareness of the emerging media landscape (traditional, social and hybrid outlets), reporters, columnists and editorial writers
- Conduct research to support collateral production and media engagement objectives
- Coordinate creative content development
- Exhibit a strong commitment to quality and pursuit of excellence
- Take a proactive approach to providing support and engagement with senior team members
- Prior experience working in a public relations/affairs agency preferred
- Working knowledge of graphic design tools (Adobe Creative Suite, inDesign, Quark, Photoshop)
- Passion for learning and working within emerging digital media trends
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple priorities
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with internal and external client teams
- Strong interpersonal skills; articulate and able to communicate effectively with clients and external audiences
- Bachelor’s Degree in public relations, journalism, communications, political science or related
This full-time position will be in the company’s Los Angeles office. Position will offer a competitive salary and benefits package.