Fiona Hutton & Associates is looking for a highly-driven, innovative communications pro to join our Los Angeles-based agency as an Account Supervisor or Director (depending on experience). Leading organizations turn to Fiona Hutton & Associates for solutions because we bring our A-game every single day. We’re problem-solvers – we truth squad, educate, motivate and mobilize with purpose to advance projects, manage crises, move public opinion and impact change.
This role is ideal for you if you seek a collaborative, fast-paced environment, fueled by a team of entrepreneurial-minded individuals. You will be on the frontline of high-profile issues, tackle new challenges and perform award-winning, creative work and have an unparalleled opportunity to grow in your career.
Recognized as one of the nation’s top independent communications firms, Fiona Hutton & Associates specializes in advocacy, public affairs, crisis management, digital communications, media relations and stakeholder engagement. FHA consistently earns high marks in annual national rankings of public relations agencies, including 6th in PR Week’s list of Top 10 US Public Affairs agencies.
- Manage integrated communications (creative, earned, owned, stakeholder engagement, digital) programs for corporate, trade association and public agency clients in collaboration with VPs and company President
- Proactively contribute creative new strategies, tactics and ideas to advance client objectives
- Execute and oversee development of top-notch content creation and communications tools – drive quality control
- Execute media relations, stakeholder engagement and digital campaigns
- Oversee operational performance of accounts; establish, measure and achieve metrics, and manage client budgets
- Serve as day-to-day contact with clients; address client issues effectively with support of senior leader
- Supervise junior staff; set achievable goals for direct reports, delegate opportunities that challenge staff to grow and provide constructive feedback
- Serve as mentor and drive professional development of junior staff
- Participate in new business and contribute to organic growth, collaborate on proposals, presentations
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in public affairs, public relations or politics. Prior experience working in a public relations/affairs agency required
- Experience managing teams, mapping professional development and careers for junior team members
- Awareness of importance of and commitment to driving culture – natural team builder by nature
- Demonstrated track record of working across creative, earned, owned, stakeholder and digital media platforms
- Excellent writing skills
- Keen understanding and interest in evolving media trends and political/public affairs landscape
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills; articulate and able to communicate clearly and effectively with clients and external audiences
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple priorities
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with internal and external client teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in public relations, communications or related experience
This full-time position will be in the company’s Los Angeles office. Position will offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.