Fiona Hutton & Associates is looking for highly-driven, innovative and eager to learn students and postgraduates to join our Los Angeles-based public relations agency. The FHA paid internship program is the ideal opportunity for young professionals looking to jumpstart their careers in politics, communications, public affairs or public relations. The optimal candidate is a college senior, Master’s student or recent graduate.
Who is FHA?
Recognized as one of the nation’s top independent communications and public affairs firms, FHA specializes in advocacy, crisis management, digital communications, media relations and stakeholder engagement. FHA consistently earns high marks in annual national rankings of public relations agencies, including 6th for U.S. public affairs firms by PR Week.
When faced with complex issues, leading organizations turn to FHA for help. Our team of communications experts parachutes in with messaging, earned media and coalition building expertise. We’re problem-solvers – we truthsquad, educate, motivate and activate audiences to advance projects, manage crises, achieve policy objectives and impact change. No firm compares to FHA when it comes to breaking down complicated issues to simple, but effective, messages that can be shared across multiple platforms to influence key stakeholders.
Our driving philosophy is to promote strong ideas and strategies, be relentless in our implementation, drive for the highest quality product and ultimately win for our clients. Our culture embraces passion and competition – attributes we look for when growing our team.
- Prepare creative templates for internal documents
- Create social cards for internal and client purposes
- Design and assist in the development of creative documents, fact sheets, brochures, etc. for clients
- Conduct research and summarize findings
- Actively participate in creative brainstorms
- Assist in developing creative content, including but not limited to:
- Social cards
- Fact sheets
- Website wireframes
- PowerPoint decks
- Internal documents
- Simple animations
- Email marketing campaigns
- Able to commit to a minimum of 12 hours per week
- Majoring in Graphic Design or a similar field
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Minimum junior standing, preference will be given to seniors, recent graduates or students pursuing a Master’s degree
- Strong interpersonal skills; articulate and able to communicate effectively
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, juggle multiple tasks and meet project deadlines
Preferred but not required
- Animation and video editing skills
- Prior work experience in graphic design
- Web design
*Interns will be compensated $12.00/hr.
Please send resume, cover letter and portfolio to Heather Rapoza: firstname.lastname@example.org
This part-time position will be in the company’s Los Angeles office.