Fiona Hutton & Associates is looking for highly-driven, innovative and eager to learn students and postgraduates to join our Los Angeles-based agency. The FHA paid internship program is the ideal opportunity for young professionals looking to jumpstart their careers in politics, communications, public affairs or public relations. The optimal candidate is a college senior, Master’s student or recent graduate.
Who is FHA?
Recognized as one of the nation’s top independent communications and public affairs firms, FHA specializes in advocacy, crisis management, digital communications, media relations and stakeholder engagement. FHA consistently earns high marks in annual national rankings of public relations agencies, including 6th for U.S. public affairs firms by PR Week.
When faced with complex issues, leading organizations turn to FHA for help. Our team of communications experts parachutes in with messaging, earned media and coalition building expertise. We’re problem-solvers – we truthsquad, educate, motivate and activate audiences to advance projects, manage crises, achieve policy objectives and impact change. No firm compares to FHA when it comes to breaking down complicated issues to simple, but effective, messages that can be shared across multiple platforms to influence key stakeholders.
Our driving philosophy is to promote strong ideas and strategies, be relentless in our implementation, drive for the highest quality product and ultimately win for our clients. Our culture embraces passion and competition – attributes we look for when growing our team.
- Conduct media and legislative/regulatory hearing monitoring and produce reports
- Manage media and stakeholder databases
- Conduct research and summarize findings
- Assist in developing creative content and coordinating graphic design
- Edit and proofread materials (press releases, strategy memos, presentations)
- Develop PowerPoint presentations as needed
- Assemble bios, case studies and other tools
- Understand and grow awareness of emerging media landscape (traditional, social and hybrid outlets), reporters, columnists and editorial writers
- Complete clip reports
- Draft social media content
- Able to commit to a minimum of 24 hours per week
- Prior work experience in politics, communications or public affairs preferred
- Minimum senior standing, preference will be given to recent graduates or students pursuing a Master’s degree
- Strong interpersonal skills; articulate and able to communicate effectively
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, juggle multiple tasks and meet project deadlines
*Interns will be compensated $15/hr.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Intern Application – [Your Name]”.
This position will be in the company’s Los Angeles office.