Fiona Hutton & Associates is looking for a highly-driven, innovative communications pro to join our Los Angeles-based agency as a Senior Account Executive. Leading organizations turn to Fiona Hutton & Associates for solutions because we bring our A-game every single day. We’re problem-solvers – we truthsquad, educate, motivate and mobilize with purpose to advance projects, manage crises, move public opinion and impact change.
This role is ideal for you if you seek a collaborative, fast-paced environment, fueled by a team of entrepreneurial-minded individuals. You will be on the frontline of high-profile issues, tackle new challenges and perform award-winning, creative work and have unparalleled opportunity to grow in your career.
Recognized as one of the nation’s top independent communications firms, Fiona Hutton & Associates specializes in advocacy, public affairs, crisis management, digital communications, media relations and stakeholder engagement. FHA consistently earns high marks in annual national rankings of public relations agencies, including 6th in PR Week’s list of Top 10 US Public Affairs agencies.
- Work closely with account leads to implement strategic communications plans
- Write and place opinion editorials, commentary pieces and blogs
- Coordinate and help prepare clients for editorial board briefings
- Direct and execute on rapid response for clients
- Effectively pitch coverage and interface directly with news media—TV, radio, print and digital
- Build relationships with key media, stakeholders and opinion leaders
- Develop written content and manage production of high-quality materials – infographics, fact sheets, web site content and more
- Track media coverage and emerging issues – providing clients with insightful analysis and tactical recommendations
- Conduct and coordinate outreach to regional and statewide stakeholder groups
- Provide direct support to account leads – ensuring client’s objectives are met
- Facilitate timely responses to client needs and requests
- Provide feedback for improvement to assigned junior staff
- Draw insights from news, political, regulatory and other areas to support client success
- Minimum 3 years of experience in public affairs, public relations or politics. Prior experience working in a public relations/affairs agency preferred.
- Keen understanding of emerging media trends
- Knowledge of California’s public affairs, legislative, regulatory and political arenas
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple priorities
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with broad client teams
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills; articulate and able to communicate clearly and effectively with clients and external audiences
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment and juggle multiple priorities
- Bachelor’s Degree in public relations, journalism, communications, political science or related field
This full-time position will be in the company’s Los Angeles (Studio City) office. Position will offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
This full-time position will be in the company’s Los Angeles office. Position will offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.